Bartender

     An old lady at the bar asks me,
Are you okay? You seem rather quiet.
Rough day at work?

     I’m just waiting for the bus
Then it made me wonder.
Do I really look like a guy that’s just
constantly down on his luck?
Do I really give off that aura of misery?
Do I appear uninterested
and long to be somewhere else?

Maybe I do want to be somewhere else.
Perhaps atop the snow covered mountains of Alaska
Or down winding paths in the forests of Transylvania
Tucked away in the jungles of Guatemala
Even get lost in the scorching deserts of Australia

Perhaps I will travel to the moon
And watch the Earth rise from Apollo’s landing
Journey to the stars and skate
across the rings of Saturn

I want to go sailing across oceans
in search of... Something
Anything that will remove this boulder off my back
My soul grows weary with the weight of existence
Time has penetrated deep and left lacerations
whose pain can only be ignored
with aimless wandering

So, allow me to adjust my sail.
Let the wind take me to the land
where the rain never ends.
Let the waters wash away
my bloodstained anguish
and form wide and vast rivers
That will carry me
To where the sun never leaves.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ride the Lightning vs. Master of Puppets

Muh Aztec Ancestors

Synthwave 2023