The Farthest Land

To the farthest land we must travel
Pack up all thy provisions
Saddle up thine horse
Carry your blade of sacred steel.

We journey towards the horizon
Beyond the hills in the distant
Across overwhelming empty fields
Miles and miles of dead trees
Stepping over bones buried
Beneath snow and ice.

We travel across vast plains
Through the forests and the trees
We travel towards misty shores
Over fields of grass and flower
Above mighty mountains, the open steppe
And through hidden valleys
Shrouded in fog.

We drift on aimlessly
Like pollen in the wind
Like icebergs in the sea
Like asteroids in the vast emptiness
Before being sucked into oblivion.

We strive to reach the sunset
We strive to reach the stars
We strive to caress the moon
And bathe in neptune’s ocean
For indeed, this land is very far.

Will this land appear before me
Like visions in my dreams?
Will there be endless fields of wheat and barley?
Will all the orchards stretch outwards
With trees of every fruit filling my sights?

     Desire that I possess,
Will it be quenched
By the water that I drink
From everflowing streams?

     Doves!
Descend from thy mountain!
Fly unto my arms!
And deliver the flowers
of this ancient land
unto my bosom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ride the Lightning vs. Master of Puppets

Muh Aztec Ancestors

Synthwave 2023